Translate

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Darning Feet--part 3

One of my readers told me about a new darning foot  from Janome that gave better visibility.  Yesterday, I went to my dealer and picked one up.  It comes in a combo package that gives the sewer a choice of three feet for the darning foot, and gives you the wonderful pressure adjustability. (The wheel above spring on upper right)


After a short test, I am impressed with how the little open toe feature gives much better visibility than the closed toe that I showed you in Darning Feet--part 2. When adjusted properly, it just glides along, instead of hopping like other feet. This is sooooo much easier on the eyes.
Here are the other 2 feet that come with the package: The Clear View Foot and the Closed Toe foot. The Clear View gives you a wide opening, so the sewer can accomplish zigzag free-motion. And the closed toe model I am not fond of.  All three interchangeable feet are attached to the machine via a small slotted screw on the back side of attachment bar .  This is a well thought out product.

If you don't have a Janome machine, that's OK.  When you are interested in doing lots of free-motion work trying out all the darning feet available for your machine or one that you hope to purchase, is very important.

Ann Fahl

3 comments:

Karen said...

hhmmmm.....very interested in being able to adjust the pressure thingy....I'm going to have to look into that...thanks Anne!

annieQ said...

The adjustable pressure feature makes free-motion work much easier.

QuiltingCyclist said...

So happy to see the coverage on this foot set. I love it. I got mine in January 2009 thanks to a blog post by Judy Coates Perez. I have found a good use for all of the feet. The tiny circle does help when you need to avoid catching the foot on the surface - maybe other threads or embellishments.